The Commission is currently reviewing the input methodologies (IMs), which it is required to do within seven years of setting them. We published our draft decisions papers, except for the Report on the IM review, on 16 June 2016. All papers and supporting documents, including draft amendments to the IM Determinations can now be found on the main IM review page.
One of the key topics for the current IMs review is emerging technology in the energy sector. Areas of focus include:
- Risk of partial capital recovery – the claimed problem is that emerging technologies may increase the risk that electricity networks become stranded.
- Efficient investment incentives – the claimed problem is that there may be inadequate investment incentives where investments:
- deliver benefits that are split among different parties along the value chain or that arise beyond the regulatory period
- face wider market or political risks to full cost recovery.
- Regulatory treatment of cashflows from emerging technologies.
|Completed||Emerging technology: Publication of material for workshop||30/11/2015|
|Completed||Emerging technology workshop||14/12/2015|
|Completed||Publication of workshop transcript||24/12/2015|
|Completed||Submissions on pre-workshop paper due||04/02/2016|
|Completed||Draft decisions papers published, except for the Report on the IM review||16/06/2016|
|Completed||Report on the IM review published||22/06/2016|
|Completed||Draft amended determinations published||22/06/2016|
|Completed||Submissions on draft decisions papers (including the Report on the IM review) due||04/08/2016|
|Completed||Cross-submissions on draft decisions papers (including the Report on the IM review) due||18/08/2016|
|Completed||Submissions on draft amended determinations due||18/08/2016|
|Completed||Further targeted consultation paper on cost allocation for electricity and gas businesses||22/09/2016|
|Completed||Submissions due on further consultation paper on cost allocation for electricity and gas businesses||13/10/2016|
|Completed||Technical consultation on updates to draft determinations (including airports ID determination)||13/10/2016|
|Completed||Cross-submissions due on further consultation paper on cost allocation for electricity and gas businesses||25/10/2016|
|Completed||Submissions due on technical consultation (including airports ID determination)||03/11/2016|
|Completed||Final decisions on IM review (including airports ID determination)||20/12/2016|
These dates are not official and may change. Please see the Terms and Conditions for further limitations.