We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Adviser to join our Telecommunications team, based in Wellington. The Principal Adviser is a vital part of the team and contributes significantly to our organisational reputation.
With an ever evolving work programme, the successful candidate’s day will range from:
- providing thought leadership on complex, ambiguous regulatory issues with significant sensitivity and risk
- supporting the Commissioners and contributing to wider strategic conversations on enabling strong and sustainable infrastructure in the sectors we regulate
- being a trusted adviser and sounding board for Commissioners, managers and staff
- driving the Commission’s strategy through building, maintaining and using strategic relationships across the industry, Commission, central government and other key stakeholder groups.
Providing advice to Senior Managers and Commissioners will be an essential part of this role. You will need to be able to clearly articulate the rationale behind your recommendations, and make practical calls that will enable the Commission to deliver on its strategy and withstand rigorous scrutiny.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- a high level of credibility that comes from a sound understanding of the Telecommunications industry and the key opportunities and challenges it faces
- proven experience in a regulatory authority, regulated industry or central government and experience working directly with senior leaders
- proven success in stakeholder relationship building, including the ability to engage effectively with people from a range of businesses, agencies and organisations
- experience in leadership and driving change through influencing rather than positional authority.
The Commerce Commission offers competitive salaries and the opportunity for professional development.
A copy of the position description can be found below. To apply for this opportunity please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Alternatively, contact Nicola Gee, Senior Human Resources Adviser on (04) 924 3795 for further information.
Applications close Monday 20 March 2017.
- Expert economist and thought leader
- Member of Branch Leadership Team
- Wellington based
The Commission's Competition Branch is responsible for enforcing laws relating to competition and consumer protection. The Branch also plays an educational role with businesses and consumers to enhance compliance with these laws.
Reporting to the General Manager, Competition, this is an exciting opportunity for a talented Chief Economist to lead the Economics team, and be part of the broader Competition Branch Leadership Team.
You will contribute significantly to our organisational reputation, being visible and trusted in all relevant situations. Your ability to form and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders will be vital to your success in this role.
You will have knowledge and experience with all aspects of antitrust/competition economics. You may also have experience with other aspects of micro-economics and industrial organisation, as well as, econometrics or behavioural economics.
Your core strengths will include:
- being a sophisticated economic adviser and thought leader
- having excellent judgement in handling complex competition and consumer issues
- providing leadership across a multi-disciplinary group with diverse functions
- having highly effective relationship management ability at the most senior levels in the private or public sector.
A copy of the position description can be found below. To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information contact Janet Rees, Human Resources Adviser on (04) 924 3719.
Applications close 5pm, Monday 13 March 2017.