The Fair Trading Act prohibits false and misleading consumer information.
- Fair Trading Amendment Act 2013: Read more about changes to the Fair Trading Act
- Unfair Contract Terms Guidelines and consumer fact sheet
- Interest Rate Swaps Investigation: Information and Questionnaire, ANZ settlement
- Read our Enforcement Response Guidelines
- Buying goods and services in New Zealand: Know your rights
The Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act helps protect consumers when they're borrowing money. It helps ensure consumers can make informed choices and know what they're agreeing to.
Find the meaning of specialist words.